1. The teacher made great efforts to quiet the students. 老师费了很大劲才使学生们安静下来。
2. Quiet please , thank you . 请保持安静，谢谢！
3. You need to study in a quiet place, like your bedroom. 你需要在一个安静的地方学习，例如你的卧室。
1. a period of calm weather
2. an untroubled state; free from disturbances
3. the absence of sound
4. a disposition free from stress or emotion v.
1. become quiet or quieter
2. make calm or still adj.
1. characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity
2. free of noise or uproar; or making little if any sound
3. not showy or obtrusive
4. in a softened tone
5. (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves
6. of the sun; characterized by a low level of surface phenomena like sun spots e.g. adv.
1. with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly')