1. the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
2. the lens or system of lenses in a telescope or microscope that is nearest the object being viewed adj.
1. undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena
2. serving as or indicating the object of a verb or of certain prepositions and used for certain other
3. emphasizing or expressing things as perceived without distortion of personal feelings, insertion of
4. belonging to immediate experience of actual things or events